This is your opportunity to work alongside industry experts and use your pharmaceutical development skills to deliver advanced inhalation products that can have a positive impact on patients’ lives around the world. We are growing our team so why not join Vectura and enjoy the opportunity to support the development of innovative medical solutions.
We are looking for experienced scientists to join our dry powder inhaler (DPI) pharmaceutical development team at our Chippenham site. As a Team Leader, you’ll manage the day-to-day team activities, providing line management, support and guidance to colleagues within a small team. You’ll provide leadership on specific development projects whilst undertaking hands-on practical tasks where appropriate. You’ll have a great opportunity to support continuous improvements within the department through monitoring and developing technical, process and efficiency standards.
Key accountabilities will include but not limited to:
• Applying a very high level of technical knowledge to a wide range of scientific, manufacturing and engineering activities
• Managing a team conducting a wide range of laboratory, process and/or engineering activities
• Providing day-to-day line management support and coaching, including performance development reviews for reports
• Driving quality, productivity and efficiency standards
• Oversee planning and execution of day to day and week to week activities
• Scientific leadership for aspects of a project including experimental design and analysis
• Lead problem solving activities using appropriate techniques and devise courses of action
• Ensure compliance to quality and health and safety requirements for areas of work and the work of reports
• Generation, review and approval of technical protocols and reports and other documentation
What you need
Degree educated in a scientific subject, you will be able to demonstrate the appropriate scientific technical skills and knowledge from within a pharmaceutical environment. You will be a proven complex problem solver, preferably with experience or proven potential for people management. We will accept applications from scientists experienced in developing inhalation products from within a pharmaceutical environment. Experience of dry powder and/or liquid formulation development or nebulisers technology is preferred.
What you get
In return for your skills and expertise, we offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus and generous benefits package including a pension plan, life assurance, private health, dental plan, share save/incentive schemes, cycle to work scheme and free parking.
To find out more about the role, Vectura and to apply online, click on the Apply button.