As our biologic analytical methods specialist, you’ll work in a highly diverse position, as a specialist within our business.
You will define our approach to analysis of a range of biological molecules being developed for inhalation, support our capability development, and train and mentor other members of the team
Ultimately your work will help change the lives of patients worldwide.
About the role
In this role, you’ll wear a lot of hats and you will work with people across our business, as well as customers and other external stakeholders.
First and foremost you’ll be a biologic analytical specialist, developing our approach to analysis in compliance with pharmacopeial methods and in line with ICH guidelines You will focus on building and developing our capabilities, both in terms of equipment, but also through training and knowledge sharing
Your expertise will also come into play to act as a specialist customer advisor, helping to create solutions for products entering the market.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
• Acting as the 'first point of contact' and expert in analysis, method development and validation (of large molecules)
• Ensuring Vectura innovates by building our capabilities
• Understands and applies relevant regulatory guidelines
• Write, review, and approve formal reports
• Solving complex technical problems, thinking laterally around problems, to find an appropriate and innovative solution.
• Lead problem-solving activities and facilitate others to derive solutions using different techniques and experience from other areas.
• Build and maintain awareness of external experts and relevant technology suppliers and retain awareness of external state of art
• Represent Vectura as subject matter expert in external/client interactions.
• Leading the idea generation process, driving change, and assessing the applicability and limitations of new technologies.
• Identify potential efficiency gains that enhance project and product delivery
You are an expert in analysis for large molecules/Biologics. It would be great if you were from an inhaled medicine background, but this isn’t essential
You’re likely to have a higher degree and you will need a good level of pharmaceutical industry experience to bring to this role.
As an individual, you are happy to work independently, but you will also be comfortable working across a matrix organisation or with external partners, whether they're customers, suppliers, or universities.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to apply your technical experience, innovate and broaden your career horizons then this could be the role for you. Apply today for more information.