6 Month fixed-term contract
Working as a Senior Systems Engineer your role will support the development of smart inhalation devices.
At Vectura we are building on reputation for excellence in inhaled medicines, with ambitious plans for growth as a CDMO. We offer a large variety of technical challenges and the opportunity to work alongside industry experts and have a positive impact on patients’ lives from around the world.
About the role
We’re seeking an experienced systems engineer to support the development of our current and next generation of inhalation devices. You’ll provide technical expertise, support and direction to our device development teams. You’ll operate internally across sites/project teams and also externally with associated suppliers or partners.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• The design of medical device mechatronics including m-Health connectivity functions.
• Design history file including design input requirements and mechatronic product specifications.
• Develop the design input requirements and specifications within cross functional teams and communicate to stakeholders within Vectura
• Develop and implement mechatronics for medical devices integrated in drug device combination products
• Collaborate across multiple functions to design, test, document, validate and industrialise device mechatronics
• Support identification and management of external design partners and suppliers
• Support planning, budget, timelines and resource planning in line company policies
What you need
With a degree in computer science, engineering or related disciplines, you’ll have demonstrable medical device development and design experience, including documentation, verification and validation. You’ll demonstrate excellent knowledge of network protocols, databases and relevant technologies.
As an experienced mechatronics development professional, your advanced knowledge of LabVIEW, object oriented programming (preferably C# or C++) and smart device software will be key to developing intuitive user interfaces. You’ll have proven experience of HAL modules for ARM based microprocessors, working with dev boards as well as bringing up PCB’s.
If you’re looking for a busy engineering role, working with a friendly and professional team of experts in a growing business then we’d love to hear from you. To find out more about the role, Vectura and to apply online, click on the Apply button.