Working as a Principal Engineer in our Device Development team, you will take ownership of development projects across our product range.
At Vectura we are building on reputation for excellence in inhaled medicines, with ambitious plans for growth as a CDMO. This role will involve a large variety of technical challenges and the opportunity to work alongside industry experts and have a positive impact on patients’ lives from around the world.
About the role
We’re seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to support the development of our current and next generation of inhalation devices. You’ll provide technical expertise, support and direction to our device development team. You’ll operate internally across sites/project teams and also externally with associated suppliers or partners.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
* Guiding the development of new device technology
* Acting as a reviewer / consultant to project teams in terms of strategy and approach
* Working to understand industry standards, best-practice and relevant regulatory guidance in areas of expertise
* Acting as a technical expert in data analysis/manipulation and assessment/interpretation
* Lead and manage projects utilising internal and external partners and resources
* Providing training/coaching in specialist area(s).
* Ensuring that requirements and functionality of devices are appropriately specified.
* Reviewing risk management documentation to ensure compliance with external expectations and also that risks are appropriately low for the stage of development
* Assesses the applicability of new technologies, design/analysis tools, processes, and materials etc. for use in * Vectura’s device design and/or development.
What you need
With a degree in Mechanical Engineering, you’ll have demonstrable medical device design/development experience, working to related guidance. Experience performing analyses for complex systems and mechanisms (tolerance analyses, FEA, CFD, knowledge of Mathcad is desirable). You’ll have experience writing design assurance documentation (FMEAs, risk management plans) and designing products for high volume manufacture.
If you’re looking for a busy engineering role, working with a friendly and professional team of experts in a growing business then we’d love to hear from you. To find out more about the role, Vectura and to apply online, click on the Apply button.