If you’re looking for a role where you can take ownership of a capability stream, act as a technical authority and maybe even build a team, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Packaging & Labelling Manager, to act as a technical authority and lead this capability into the future.
In the short-term, your role is going to be very hands on. As our sole P&L specialist, you’ll be the involved in all aspects of artwork development, label design, specification generation and CCR’s, among other elements.
Requests for P&L support can come from anywhere in our business, and you will be the key point of contact for teams from across our business. You will also engage with external supplier too.
As we grow and get busier though, you will need to think about how we grow our capability, both from a technical point of view, but also building a team around you.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Defining the package and labeling requirements for product groups and customer requirements.
• Determining packaging and labeling requirements according to the nature of the product, cost limitations, regulatory requirements and the type of protection required, taking into consideration the need for resistance to external variables.
• Develops new packaging requirements and maintaining quality of existing packages for all product groups.
• Packaging design & development co-ordination, focusing on cost-effective manufacturing, cost of goods and cost improvements.
• Responsible for integrity analysis of packages
• Packaging component material selection & testing.
• Generating and controlling specifications and Artwork files
• Liaising with CMO’s and component vendors.
• Managing the central library/database of all components/materials/sizes/tested combinations.
• Ownership/Creation of Brand Integrity and Anti-Counterfeit strategies for Vectura.
You will have a good mix of pure Packaging/Artwork Development, and also a good level of production experience.
This role will interact with people an teams across our business and externally too, so experience of working within a busy matrix organisation would also be very beneficial.
Any management or development experience would be advantageous, but not essential.
If you’d like a role with autonomy and ownership, with the opportunity to develop a growing capability then we would love to hear from you. Apply today.