You’ll join an organisation which recognises the achievements of its people, develops its staff, and presents you with opportunities to learn and grow.
Vectura is embarking on an exciting and ambitious period of growth. We have considerable new investment, and an expanding portfolio of development projects for you to get your teeth into.
If you’re looking for a role where you can take ownership of a capability stream, act as a technical authority and have an opportunity to develop processes and build a team, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Packaging & Labelling Manager, to act as a technical authority and lead this capability into the future.
Your role is going to be very hands on. As our sole P&L specialist, you’ll be the involved in all aspects of packaging design, artwork development, label design as well as the regulatory tasks associated with packaging and labelling
Requests for P&L support can come from anywhere in our business, and you will be the key point of contact for teams from across our business. You will also engage with external suppliers too.
As we grow and get busier, you will need to think about how we grow our capability, both from a technical point of view, but also building a team around you.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Defining the packaging and labelling requirements for product groups and customer requirements.
• Determining packaging and labelling requirements according to the nature of the product, cost limitations, regulatory requirements and the type of protection required, taking into consideration the need for resistance to external variables.
• Develops new packaging requirements and maintaining quality of existing packages for all product groups.
• Packaging design & development co-ordination, focusing on cost-effective manufacturing, cost of goods and cost improvements.
• Responsible for integrity analysis of packages
• Understanding green packaging, plastic tax and material usage
• Packaging component material selection & testing.
• Generating and controlling specifications and Artwork files
• Liaising with CMO’s and component vendors.
• Managing the central library/database of all components/materials/sizes/tested combinations.
• Ownership/Creation of Brand Integrity and Anti-Counterfeit strategies for Vectura and Vectura Fertin Pharma
You will come from a medical devices/pharmaceutical background with a firm understanding of medical device regulation, falsified medicines directive and other regulatory needs which packaging and labelling need to adhere to.
Knowledge of Medical device regulation, falsified medicines directive and other regulatory needs and how pack design needs to meet these requirements
You are a solution provider with a proven track record of building processes to align with the broader business
You will have a good mix of pure Packaging design/Artwork Development experience