Our devices are used by patients all over the world. They can end up in many different environments and be used by people with very different needs and abilities. Because of this, they must be robust, yet simple and easy to use for all. Our lab is where our devices are put through their paces.
About the role
In this role, you will manage the lab area, its capabilities, and a small team, who will support you.
Most of our test work is carried out here, ranging from mechanical testing to environmental testing, to electronic testing, to microscopy. This can make the lab a busy environment, which means it needs to be run efficiently and safely at all times.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
• Overseeing the planning and execution of activities in the device laboratories.
• Identifying and managing external suppliers of equipment and services as required
• Generation, review, and approval of technical protocols and reports, and other documentation.
• Applying technical knowledge to a wide range of scientific/engineering /manufacturing activities.
• Taking a lead on verification test planning and reporting.
• Managing the daily activities of the team of laboratory technicians
• Setting priorities for the team to ensure timely task completion
• Coordinating work activities with other Managers/Team Leaders
In addition, some temporary responsibilities
• Certain site-level responsibilities as required during the Covid pandemic whilst the lab team forms the core of the personnel not working from home
• Management of requirements for pending lab refit and enlargement, and organisation of the work whilst the refit is taking place
You will be very familiar with the day-to-day management of a lab and the equipment within it. Experience of working in a medical device or pharmaceutical laboratory environment would be desirable, but we’re open to applicants from other controlled development environments.
This role will regularly engage with our engineers and will manage a small team, so good interpersonal skills are very important to us.
If you want to work in a busy, varied environment, on products that will change the lives of their users then we would love to hear from you. Apply today for further information.