At Vectura you’re not just an Intern, you’re part of the team.
If you’re considering an internship it’s probably because you want to gain experience, but what if an internship was more than just work experience? What if it was the start of your career?
During your time with us, you’ll gain knowledge that will be the foundation for your future.
Here you’ll be part of a busy team, where no two days look the same. The work you do could range from working supporting the Device Development, to design assurance. This may involve projects at the early stages of development right through to later stages of product development.
Key elements of your role will include:
• Contribute to the development of inhalers and pharmaceutical products.
• Planning and execution of test programmes to verify concepts, designs and systems.
• Design, build and/or procure test rigs to support development testing.
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of components, equipment etc.
• Prepare documents and devices for test activities. Execute, conclude and report those test activities.
• Perform technical analyses to support device design assurance, e.g. FEA, CFD, tolerance analyses.
• Contribute to project documentation including design inputs (requirements specifications), risk analyses, design outputs (technical drawings and specifications).
• Liaise with pharmaceutical science departments to ensure correct drug delivery performance of devices.
We’re also keen to help you develop those all-important soft skills. You’ll get the opportunity to work with teams across our business, to broaden your experience. We’ll also ask you to write experiments, take these through to development and present on what you discover.
This is a really exciting time to work for Vectura. Our business is developing and we’re seeing a big increase in the frequency and variety of the projects we work on, so you’ll definitely be kept busy.
Vectura are the knowledge specialists in inhaled therapies, so you’ll also have some of the best minds in industry to support your growth. This is a friendly environment, where new ideas and perspectives are welcome and effort is recognised.
If you’re doing an Engineering-based degree and you’re interested in developing yourself in a fast-paced and stimulating environment we’d love to hear from you. Please apply today with your CV and a covering letter.